i can’t wait for june 30th!!!! HOLLA!!!!!!
the 3rd and best book of the twilight saga FINALLY hits theaters, and you KNOW i am SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready.
i have read the books an obscene amount of times and actually had to confess my obsession to a loving, supportive group of folks. long story short– i ditched the books and went through a detox period, then i relapsed and re-bought the books, and am now in another detox session– this time relinquishing my copies for the greater good. i sent them to my sweet boo bah to comfort her the best way i know how– with a healthy dose of forks and edward.
my enthusiasm for all things twilight has helped me re-connect with the 12-year-old girl in me (surprisingly– not so hard to find), given me great bonding moments i’ll never forget, and allowed new friendships to bloom with some amazing women.
in fact, a few of my fellow twilight sistas (wonderful grown women– happily married, with beautiful children) completely lost their minds — in the best way– at the eclipse premiere yesterday in los angeles and shared this super fun footage:
so, in honor of my twilight homeskillets both near and far– i want to take a moment to celebrate the awesomeness that IS twilight– and try to explain for those who have not embraced their inner geek– what it means to be a twihard.
and, just in case you are wondering: TWIHARD = AWESOME
1. twihards have read all the books so many times that the number is embarrassing to say out loud– SO STOP ASKING.
2. twihards are split into 2 camps: TEAM EDWARD or TEAM JACOB. you cannot “like them both” — SWITZERLAND is for wimps. be a woman– pick a side.
3. twihards have their favorite moments memorized and can quote book, chapter, and page number– there may even be a little highlighter on the page. there is NOTHING wrong with this.
4. twihards own at least one piece of clothing supporting the man they deem worthy. for example– i own a simple, little shirt that states, ” I FREAKIN’ LOVE EDWARD CULLEN”. too subtle?
5. twihards get excited when the forecast calls for rain, they are near a wooded area, or they see a large dog. (really, it doesn’t take much… a sprinkler, a large bush, and a chihuahua can do the job if we really need a fix)
i love these books and everything that’s come with them. i fully embrace my crazy fan behavior and enjoy every minute of being a twihard. i love wearing cheesy t-shirts. i love getting excited any time i drive by a volvo dealership. i love that rainy days are now my favorite and seeing a forest makes me happy. if you don’t understand the twilight phenomenon– i say give in, read the books– they’ll make you happy and you’ll wish you could find a boy that sparkles.